I've been here 7 months now. I can definitively say it is home. I have the same problems here as I did in the US- I make a mess of existing personal relationships while not being able to make solid new ones, and then I hole up in my home for a while... there's always something going on at work... but I like it here better, because it affords me the opportunity to do things I couldn't do in America. I have the capacity to travel more. I don't have to own a car to do basic things like go to the grocery store or get to work...
Something I was just thinking about relating to travel- you know how if you're a native to a particular area, you never see the sights your city has to offer? I know zillions of New Yorkers who've never been to the top of the Empire State Building or taken a Circle Line Cruise. I'm doing the same thing here in England. I haven't really done any of the touristy bits, aside from one day in London when I went to the Tower of London. Some of the reason is time, some of it is money, some of it is ease of getting around... Because this is my home now, am I obligated to really do exploring of the countryside, or am I okay just living my life (such as it is at the moment) and traveling to far-away locations just because I can?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment