Sunday, 8 July 2007

Tuna Fish

I don't think I'm going to be eating a tuna sandwich again anytime soon. I had one on Friday for lunch, and by Friday night, I was a little rumbly in my tummy (and not because I was hungry). By the time I woke up on Saturday morning, I was in full-blown food poison mode. What really sucked was that I absolutely had to go into work anyway, because I was supposed to close, and the supervisor that opened couldn't do a double because she had to go to her second job afterwards. So I drag myself in an hour and a half late, and basically sit at my desk with my head down for the afternoon. But three separate people from other parts of the building came in to check on me, and offer their help. It was sweet. I feel a little bit better this morning (able to keep down two glasses of water and an ice pop so far), and am going out to the store in a few to buy medicine and soup (afraid to eat, but I know I have to). This was the first time I'd been sick here, so I guess you could call it a landmark of sorts. :-P

Something good did happen on Friday (actually two things). Flights are finally booked for the trip to Arizona, and we're going a day earlier than planned, which means we'll have the Sunday to chill out by the pool. We're also taking a night flight out on Sunday, which means all day Friday and Saturday, and part of Sunday, in New York. So if any of you in New York want to do something... I'm taking suggestions ;-)

Even better than booking flights is this: my Deputy Manager and I were having a meeting with My Boss, and he showed me the email requesting him to do a presentation at the conference. He said he didn't want to do it, even if we wrote it for him. I countered with the idea that it would be a major prestige thing, and it would be good for Our Company's visibility. My Boss then says, "I think you should do it." What?!? He said "it would be so good for you- everyone will see that you're in England now, and that you're special, and that you're good enough to do this." (kind of a polite way of saying "screw you" to everyone that didn't hire me in the States). So, I'm doing a presentation at the conference now, but I only have two weeks to put it together before it has to be mailed off. I am supposed to be getting help from everyone at work, though. I'll let you all know how it turns out! And, I don't know if it's due to karma or what, the Tessitura person overseeing this particular session is someone I worked with in Santa Fe :-) Happy Days.

No comments: