I'm not sure if I really have much to say that's new, but on the off chance that some of you are reading (are you? shameless, I know!), I thought I'd at least set down a brief note on what's going on...
It's really been a normal week. At work, we're gearing up for the start of the new season in a few weeks, I'm getting ready for my 6 month review- in two weeks from today, I'll have been here for six months already. I've been in a bit of a pout at my Deputy Manager because she's applying for a position in the Marketing Department. I've had a lot of staff turnover in my department since I got here, and while everyone left for valid reasons (death, more money, etc), I was concerned that I've been doing something wrong. When I mentioned this to My Boss (along with reminding him to schedule my review so HR didn't yell at him), he said I've been brilliant and it's nothing I've done. Next week is the Dark Party (dark= venue has no shows) where I get to practice my rusty social skills, and the day after that, My Boss is taking all of the managers/supervisors of his department (Sales and Front of House/Catering) on a team-building day to London where we might even get to see something that's on in the West End. It's only going to be me from Sales, though, because Supervisor is on holiday, and Deputy Manager has a scheduling conflict (good- if she wants to defect, she shouldn't get to come on fun outings!). I'm really happy I'm the last one to take holiday time this summer, because I won't have to worry about covering for anyone else after I get back... Next summer I want to go somewhere spectacular- maybe Australia. But first comes the week I'm going to have to take in Februrary or March to use up most of the rest of my time- I'm looking at spending a week on the beach somewhere. It's looking like Spain at the moment, but I wouldn't count out anything else. It all depends on the kind of deal I can get through a travel agent.
See, really boring, just like I promised :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment