I should know better than to open my mouth and give anyone an idea. I was in a meeting today when my Deputy Manager claimed an idea as her own, when I gave her the idea in the first place over a month ago. But should I really be that upset?... There are a lot of little things re the Deputy Manager that are ticking me off lately, none of them in and of itself enough to say anything about. The idea stealing/credit taking, slightly sloppy work, minor dress code infringement... all of it petty, but I feel like there's no point in reprimanding if this person gets the position in the other department (the interview for that is tomorrow). Ugh, I don't want to think about it... I understand the reasoning behind it, and I support it, but that doesn't mean I have to like what it'll do to my department if it happens.
Happy day- tomorrow I'm floating around helping with the massive recruitment day to benefit FOH (and Sales too, hopefully!). Then I'm off ot the annual end-of-dark-period summer party, and then London the next day on a field trip. I'm actually really excited about that. I'll be the only one from Sales going (the rest are FOH management), but that's okay. And another thing to look forward to is my holiday in a little less than a month. It'll be good to spend time with someone I don't have to explain things to.
No comments:
Post a Comment