Saturday, 12 May 2007

Sick ones and Nik Naks

Yesterday was the day that the director of HR and I went to visit the Supervisor Who Turned Psycho, to talk to her and see when/if she was coming back. It was an absolutely gorgeous drive through the countryside (she lives across from an old church, and fields of sheep- all very picturesque), but that was the only good thing about it. I don't know what i was expecting, but I didn't expect this woman to look like she was physically beaten. She looked absolutely horrible. For the two weeks I'd known her before everything happened, she wouldn't be caught dead without looking absolutely perfect. But it wasn't an act. We walked in the door, and she sat down to talk to us, and before she'd gotten a whole sentence out of her mouth, she started crying, and by the end of three sentences, she had to get up and leave us for a bit. I will admit, we thought (before today) she was just putting on an act and playing the system. While she still may be playing the system, she is a very, very sick person. What all of this means is that I'm still short a supervisor, and will be for quite some time, unless her medical report (which should be getting to the theatre's doctor in the next week or two) says that she'll never be able to come back. Meanwhile, i've got a second supervisor who still doesn't know which desk to call her own, or which supervisory duties will ultimately be hers.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I work with the sweetest people. I walked into work this morning, and on my desk was a packet of snack food with a note from my Deputy. The snack was called Nik Naks- a crunchy Cheeto-like base, but instead of having orange cheese powder flavouring, it had scampi-lemon! Definitely weird! But once I got past the mental block in my head, they weren't *that* bad. Dude... who the hell but me could say they've had shrimp scampi flavoured Cheetos! I'm going to have to get some more twinkies for everyone or something :-)

No comments: